AGREEMENT TO RULES
Each Entrant must comply with all the terms and conditions of the official rules (the “Rules”) contained herein. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts the terms and conditions of these Rules and the decisions of the AASM and its judges (including, without limitation, the selection of finalists and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
GUIDELINES FOR VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
- Running Time: 1 minute, including any credits. Any entry over 1:01 will be disqualified.
- Originality: Submissions must be original work of the Entrant and must not have been previously published or have won an award or prize of any kind. Previously published submissions from publicized contests will be disqualified. Submissions or works created by others will not be considered and will be disqualified.
- Style: Submissions can by in any style or genre of film or video, including animation, drama, comedy, still art, imagery or documentary.
Copyright: Entrants must comply with the Use of Copyright Materials in Student Television Network Activities guidelines regarding to copyright for their entry. Submissions must not incorporate or include anything that violates any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or other right of any third party. Proof of permission may be requested.
- Music: Any music used in the video must be created by the Entrant or be copyright free. Submissions containing copyrighted music, samples, files, or any other protected works that the Entrant does not have the rights to will be disqualified. Proof of permission may be requested
- Permission: Contestants are responsible for securing all necessary rights, licenses, clearances, releases, consents and/or permissions from any third parties that appear in the video entry in order to avoid disqualification, and Donate Life Hollywood, a project of OneLegacy, reserves the right to request proof of ownership or permission to use any material contained in each submission.
- Submission: Contest entrants must download, register and submit their video through the DLH Activate App. Follow these steps to submit through the app:
- Search “DLH Activate App” in iTunes or Google Play
- Download the free app
- Register for the app, this is how we will have student information
- Agree to terms of service, also listed on AccessDLH.org/storytellers
- Go to the Advokit
- Select video campaigns
- Click on DLH Storytellers PSA Challenge
- Click upload, select from video files and submit
We grant you a restricted, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferrable license to use, reproduce, retitle, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute to us such media for the express and sole purpose as your Contest Contribution for such contest. Any Contest Contributions using our property or our licensed media require our written permission before they may be: hosted, used, copied, reproduced, disclosed, sold, resold, published, broadcasted, retitled, archived, stored, cached, publicly performed, publicly displayed, reformatted, translated, transmitted, excerpted (in whole or in part), and distributed for any purpose outside of submission for the contest.
USE OF SUBMISSION
Entries and other submitted material become the property of DLH, a project of OneLegacy. By submitting an entry:
- You represent and warrant that, if you are the designated person that has entered this Contest, you are authorized to make representations and warranties, and will be severally liable for any breach of these representations and warranties or other failure to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest.
- You represent and warrant that your entry and all elements contained therein (“Content”) is original and, to the extent the Content incorporates or includes anything that is owned or controlled by any third party, you have obtained in writing all rights necessary to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest; and, that Content does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, or any other right of any third party.
- You agree that Content shall be, to the maximum extent eligible, a “work made for hire,” under the U.S. Copyright Act, as amended, with all rights therein, including without limitation the exclusive copyright, being the property of DLH, a project of OneLegacy. Otherwise, if your entry or any element thereof is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably transfer to DLH, a project of OneLegacy all right, title, and interest in the Content (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, wherever produced or located, including the right to use, copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works of the Content for advertising, trade, other commercial purposes or any other purpose; provided, however, to the extent Content contains third party materials, you have obtained written permission granting DLH, a project of OneLegacy, a perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, freely transferable (with full rights to sublicense) universal, unconditional and irrevocable right and license to copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works from such third party materials for any and all purposes relating to the promotion, marketing, advertising, distribution and/or sales of DLH, a project of OneLegacy.
- You represent and warrant that you meet the requirements and qualifications for this Contest, and that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with them.
- You agree to indemnify, and hold DLH, a project of OneLegacy, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents and representatives (“Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any third party claim (including reasonably attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from any use of the Content. You waive (i) any right to publicity, privacy or moral rights relating to the Content or your participation in this Contest, and (ii) any right to inspect or approve uses of the Content or to be compensated for any such uses. To the extent these rights may not be waived legally, you agree not to assert them.
- By submitting an entry, you grant to DLH, a project of OneLegacy, and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, voice, biographical information, submission/entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Contest, DLH, a project of OneLegacy, and its mission and services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, rights of integrity or attribution, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to DLH, a project of OneLegacy, and its affiliated companies and agents with respect to all entrants in the Contest, including the entrant who is selected as the grand prize winner and those entrants who are not selected. DLH, a project of OneLegacy is under no obligation to use the winning entries or any other entry for any purpose.
- You agree to any changes in these rules retroactively.